I am a photographer working in landscape and documentary. I have always gravitated towards forms of landscape photography because it allows me plenty of time for contemplation and I enjoy the times of solitude that it provides. I used to work in the video games industry and disappearing into the landscape was a great way to escape the fast paced, stressful work environment video games is. Doing something completely on my own was a great counterpoint against building something with a team consisting of hundreds of people. I don’t work in video games anymore I just disappear more often.
My work looks at building a record of how we, the human race, interact with the landscape rather than a record of the landscape itself. I’m interested in how we control the landscape for our own desires and the structures we build upon it. How do these structures become part of, blend with their environment or how they alter and affect their surroundings.
- 2015-2016 Year long exhibition at Art Gene in Barrow showing 12 images from The Field Project, one for each month.
- 2016 Royal Academy open exhibition
- 2017 Shutter Hub open exhibition at Retina Festival
- 2018 SSA and VAS open exhibition
- 2018 Royal Scottish Academy open exhibition
- 2018 VAS members exhibition at Tatha Gallery